Gua Sha - Jade Stone
Gua Sha - Jade Stone
We love gua sha as it is a powerful skin transformational tool bringing your skin so many benefits
- Enhances blood circulation to the cells
- Drains lymph fluid (which is often filled with toxins and waste) out of the cells
- to be cleansed
- Reduces wrinkles, prevents sagging skin and aids in contouring
- Aids in eliminating dark circles around the eyes
- Helps in lightening dark spots and reducing hyper-pigmentation, Brightens the complexion
- Greatly speeds the healing time of breakouts and pimples, helping these skin
- issues overall
- Aids in product penetration
- Treats headaches and muscle pain
How to use:
- Apply a facial oil. Then, move the curved side of gua sha stone in outward and upward motions using light to medium pressure, ensuring the tool is always flat against the skin. Make sure you wiggle & massage with the stone after every stroke. Repeat each stroke a minimum of 5 times.
- With the longer edge, start with the back of the neck and stroke it upwards till you reach the bone at the end of your spinal cord.
- Move to the sides of your neck and repeat the upward motion till the back of your ears.
- Move to the front of the neck. Start from the collarbone till you reach your jaw.
- Using the notched side of the stone, move to the right side of your face, start from your chin and stroke through your jawline till you reach your ear.
- Use the long flat side of the stone to move upwards on the cheek. The stone should rub across your cheek. Support your skinon the opposite side with your other hand.
- Move with light pressure to under-eye region and place the notched side of the stone right below the eye (facing upward), close to the top of your nose and stroke it upwards.
- Run the notched edge of the stone along your eyebrow and stroke upward and outward through the end.
- Using the flat side of the stone, starting from the eyebrow being covered by the long side of the stone, move upward until you reach the top of the forehead.
- Next, use the short flat edge of the stone, start from slightly right of the center of your brows and move upwards until you reach the end.
GUA SHA – WHAT NOT TO DO
- Do not use the Gua Sha tool on a bare skin (only oiled or super moisturized)
- As it involves rubbing or scraping skin with a massage tool, tiny blood vessels known as capillaries near the surface of your skin can get damaged. Hence, do not apply too much pressure at any point while massaging your face with Gua Sha.
- Avoid Gua Sha over cystic acne, pimples.
- Do not keep the Gua Sha tool 90 Degrees to your skin, make sure it sits closely flat on your skin.
- Don’t forget to do lymphatic drainage at the end to get maximum benefits of the tool